Are there materials that I can't put in my garbage bin?

Yes. The City of West Fargo does not collect household hazardous waste materials. This includes:

  • Paint
  • Varnishes
  • Pesticides
  • Herbicides
  • Household chemicals
  • Oil
  • Antifreeze
  • Gas
  • Car Polish

This also includes electronics like:

  • Television
  • Computer monitors, towers, keyboards, mouse
  • VCRs, DVDs players
  • Fax machines
  • For safe disposal, these products have to be taken to the Household Hazardous Waste Facility at 606 43 1/2 St. N. in Fargo, ND. 

The City of West Fargo also does not collect compost materials (grass, leaves, garden waste, etc.) from the curb. These materials can be brought to any of the compost sites listed below and emptied into the containers.

  • Department of Sanitation (117 Eighth St. W.)
  • Eagle Run Water Tower (40th Avenue S. and Sheyenne Street)
  • 17th Street E. between Second Avenue E. and Starr Avenue

If you have questions about materials you would like to dispose,please call (701) 281-8915.

Show All Answers

1. When is my garbage and recycling collection day?
2. Is garbage and recycling collected on holidays?
3. Who should I contact if I have a complaint associated with excess garbage?
4. What materials are recyclable?
5. Can I have my utility bill emailed to me?
6. How do I stop utility services for my property because I'm moving?
7. Are there materials that I can't put in my garbage bin?
8. Does the City of West Fargo collect yard waste or compost materials from the curb?
9. How can I dispose of debris after a storm?
10. What should I do if I lose my garbage or recycling bin?
11. Who should I contact if a snow plow damaged my property during the snow plow season?