As Halloween draws closer, we wanted to announce our coloring contest and remind you of important safety tips.
Students from preschool to fifth grade who live or attend school in West Fargo are eligible to enter our inaugural Halloween coloring contest. Participants can download the jack-o’-lantern coloring sheet, or pick one up from the West Fargo Public Library or an elementary School Resource Officer. The deadline to enter is Friday, Oct. 29. For rules and places to drop off completed forms, visit https://westfargopolice.com/1203/Halloween-Coloring-Contest.
Make sure to follow these tips this Halloween to have a safe night of trick-or-treating:
Costumes for a Safe Halloween
- Decorate costumes and bags with reflective tape or stickers and, if possible, choose light colors.
- Have children carry glow sticks or flashlights to help them see and be seen by drivers.
- When selecting a costume, make sure it is the right size to prevent trips and falls.
Drive Extra Safely on Halloween
- Enter and exit driveways and alleys slowly and carefully.
- Get rid of any distractions - like your phone - in your car so you can concentrate on the road and your surroundings.
- Popular trick-or-treating hours are 5:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Be especially alert for children during those hours.