Sheyenne Street Segment 3 - 32nd to 40th Ave.
The purpose of the proposed street improvement project is to widen Sheyenne Street from 32nd Avenue to 40th Avenue to address capacity needs, roadway reliability and social and economic development along the proposed corridor. The need for the proposed project is warranted by increasing motorist delay; congestion from development along the corridor; crash susceptibility issues; and lack of multimodal opportunities.
Current and projected needs within this corridor include increasing capacity, addressing social demands, accommodating economic development and improving roadway reliability.
The project will involve the construction of improvements on Sheyenne Street consisting of a 4-lane concrete roadway with curb and gutter from 32nd Avenue to 40th Avenue, sidewalks, multi-use path, storm sewer, sanitary sewer force main relocation, sewer and water extensions, traffic signals, street lighting and other miscellaneous installations.
Estimated Construction Cost
- $10 million
All project schedules and work plans are subject to change based on weather and ground conditions.
- Phase 1: April-June 2019
- Phase 2: June-November 2019
- Project Complete: 0%
Phase 1 road closure-
- Road closure of Sheyenne Street from the south edge of 32nd Avenue to south of 40th Avenue.
- Intersection closure: 38th Avenue W. is closed to thru traffic using Sheyenne Street to cross over to the west side of the roadway.
- Local traffic will continue to use the frontage road and continue to 37th Avenue E to enter the stretch of Sheyenne Street open to local access from south of 32nd Avenue W. intersection.
- Intersection open: 40th Avenue W. and Sheyenne Street intersection remains open to east and west traffic with one lane in each direction. A final determination has not been made on whether this intersection will remain open for east and west traffic during the reconstruction.
- Remove existing paving
- Begin storm sewer and grading
- Phase 1 (April - June)
- Traffic from the Windsor Greens, West River, and Borderud's Development on the east side of Sheyenne Street will be provided local access to Sheyenne Street via 38th Ave. W.
- Both 32nd and 40th Avenues will have temporary signal lights at Ninth Street W. prior to the detour to facilitate turning movements from Ninth Street W. onto 32nd and 40th Avenues.
- Phase 2 (June - November)