Looking for a great way to support your community? Consider volunteering and becoming a Friend of the West Fargo Public Library! We have a number of ways to get involved, from serving as a guest reader for the Little Red Reading Bus to helping straighten books on our shelves (and everything in between!) Already interested? Fill out our Volunteer Interest Form or read on for more information. We can't wait to work with you!
Who are the Friends?
Volunteers at the West Fargo Public Library automatically are a member of the Friends of the West Fargo Public Library, which is a volunteer, non-profit organization that supports the library through fundraising and volunteerism. Every minute spent volunteering and every dollar raised by this group supports thousands of people in West Fargo through the West Fargo Public Library's hundreds of services and programs.
Benefits of being a Friend of the Library:
- Receive special discounts and offers during fundraisers, book sales and other events.
- Be one of the first to know about library happenings and opportunities.
- Have your voice heard in the West Fargo community.
- Gain non-profit and volunteer experience, network with other members and be a part of a group of like-minded library lovers.
- Make a difference in the lives of thousands of community members by supporting the West Fargo Public Library.
What do the Friends do?
The West Fargo Public Library serves thousands of individuals and families in West Fargo and beyond through hundreds of programs, events and more. We need supporters like YOU to help us continue our work of empowering the people of our metro area, providing services for those who can't get them anywhere else, impacting the lives of many and, of course, having fun!
Examples of programs and services supported by the Friends:
- the West Fargo Public Library's Summer Boost program
- the metro's One Book, One Community program
- the library's mobile library program, the Little Red Reading Bus of West Fargo
Examples of volunteer opportunities include:
- serving as an officer of the Friends of the Library
- attending Friends of the Library meetings to help make decisions
- helping at events, fundraisers and book sales
- serving as a adult technology coach
- assisting with outreach to senior homes
- assisting with youth outreach efforts, such as the Little Red Reading Bus
- helping organize donated items
- assisting with shelving, organizing items in the library
- helping put together craft and activity kits
Besides donating your time and energy through membership, The Friends of the West Fargo Public Library group accepts monetary donations and donations of physical materials that are in good working order. Items donated are sold during book sales and fundraisers. Please consider donating your gently used books, DVDs and CDs.
Monetary contributions to the Friends of the West Fargo Public Library can be made through our Giving Hearts Day page. This year, contributions to the Friends through this platform will be used to support the Little Red Reading Bus specifically.
For inquiries regarding monetary or physical item donations, use our Donation Inquiry Form.
The Friends of the West Fargo Public Library group hosts fundraisers and other events throughout the year. All proceeds benefit the West Fargo Public Library.
The Friends of the West Fargo Public Library group also meets the first Thursday of every other month at 6 p.m. During these meetings, the group discusses opportunities to support the library, hears from library staff and more. New ideas and voices are always welcome and encouraged at Friends of the West Fargo Public Library meetings. Members are not required to attend all meetings, but are encouraged to attend to stay in the know and help with decision making. See minutes from Friends of the Library meetings.
View the library calendar of events for upcoming events.
Ongoing Book Sale
Visit the West Fargo Public Library year-round to purchase books from the Friends of the West Fargo Public Library sale shelf. The selection includes books, book bundles and newspapers for $1 or less. The selection varies, so check regularly to find your next read.