Most circulating items may be placed on hold either online, by phone or in person with appropriate identification. For any item already checked out or on hold, the patron will be placed on the item's waiting list. If an item is checked out and a hold is placed on that item during the loan period it will not be available for renewal. If you place a hold request on an item currently available in the library, please allow 24 hours for your hold to be placed on our hold shelf.
How to Place a Hold
You may place a hold in three ways: ask at the library service desk, call the library at 701-551-8940, or log in to your West Fargo Public Library online account. To place a hold online:
- From the homepage of the West Fargo Public Library website, click on "My Library Account".
- Enter your 14-digit library card number, located on the back of your West Fargo Public Library card, in the Library Barcode or NDUS Account field.
- Enter your last name in the Password field.
- Search in the catalog for the item you want. Below the title and description of the item will be a row of links in blue font that say "Locations, Details, Request, Virtual Browse". Click on the link that says "Request". This will bring up a box with information and a button that says "Hold". Click the "Hold" button. You should get a confirmation that says "Action Succeeded".
- An email or letter will be sent to you when the item is available for pickup.