- Manages and processes all accounting transactions for all city funds, such as processing accounts payable, accounts receivable, utility billing, and overall risk management.
- Manages the collection of revenues and investment of funds.
- Assists in the issuance of bonds and other indebtedness of the city.
- Prepares periodic and annual financial and budget reports.
- Coordinates the City's budget compilation and development.
- Manages the administration of special assessments.
- Delivers reliable management information to the departments.
- Assists the public by responding to inquiries and requests.
- Administer City's casualty and liability insurance coverage
- Manage budgets
- Manage city's investments
- Oversees maintenance of special assessments, business licensing and permits, utility billing, elections, and records management
- Prepares City's financial report, payroll and personnel reports
View the City of West Fargo's annual audits
Notice of Estimated Property Taxes and Budget Hearing Dates:
Although property valuation information is included in the Notice of Estimated Property Tax and Budget Hearing Dates, property values cannot be addressed at the Sept. 16, 2019, 2020 preliminary budget public hearing.
Objections to valuations must be addressed to the local, county and state boards of equalization or through the abatement proceedings after the value is set.
The West Fargo City Commission does not have the authority to change property values during the public hearing.