The Little Red Reading Bus
The Little Red Reading Bus delivers the joy of reading to kids across West Fargo and beyond by popping up at local parks, in neighborhoods and at community events. We know that introducing reading to kids, especially at a young age, sets them up for success in school and beyond. We also realize that not all people have books at home or a means to go to the physical library, so we bring the books and a library experience directly to them instead!
Scroll down to see the schedule for summer 2022 and check out our 2021 Summer Boost Impact Report to learn more about why we are so passionate about this program!
Upcoming Events & Summer Route
Learn, meet, share, read, play and create with your friends and neighbors at Little Red Reading Bus stops all summer long. The Little Red Reading Bus makes 8 one-hour stops per week at neighborhood parks! The bus will also bring pop-up libraries to a number of community events during the summer. Stay tuned to The Little Red Reading Bus's Facebook page and website to learn about more events!
Each stop includes:
- tons of books to browse, read, and check out
- games and activities for families to practice important literacy skills
- new take home activities every week to continue the fun at home
- free wifi access for folks visiting the bus
- a library experience where people of all ages can pick up holds, sign up for a library card, ask questions, check out items, pick up Summer Boost prizes and learn about library programs and services
The 8 weekly stops are:
- Mondays 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. at Meadowlark Park (in the new Lost River development in Horace)
- Mondays 7 – 8 p.m. at Dakota Park (5600 Ninth St W, West Fargo)
- Tuesdays 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. at Village West Park (4415 Ninth Ave. Circle S, Fargo)
- Tuesdays 7 – 8 p.m. at Tintes Park (161 Sixth Ave. E, West Fargo)
- Wednesdays 8:30 – 9:30 a.m. at Goldenwood Park (1330 Fifth St NW, West Fargo)
- Wednesdays 10:00 – 11:00 a.m. at Maplewood Park (1504 17th Ave E, West Fargo)
- Thursdays 8:30 – 9:30 a.m. at Rendezvous Park (1055 32nd Ave W, West Fargo)
- Thursdays 10:00 – 11:00 a.m. at Shadow Wood Park (3545 Fourth St E, West Fargo)
- Jun 6
- Jun 7
- Jun 8