- 5 p.m. Sept. 5, 2018: Parade entry forms and entry fees due
- 9 a.m. Sept. 15, 2018: Parade lineup begins
- Noon Sept. 15, 2018: Parade begins
To enter the West Fest parade, please fill out and return the parade entry form with payment. Forms can be returned via mail, email or fax. Cash or check payments can be mailed to the City of West Fargo or made in person. Credit card payments are also available with an additional 3 percent convenience fee. Please call to arrange a credit card payment.
Cash or check payments can be mailed to the City of West Fargo or made in person. Credit card payments are also available with an additional 3 percent convenience fee. Please call to arrange a credit card payment.
- Route starts on Sheyenne Street at Second Avenue E. and will end on Sheyenne Street and 10th Avenue E.
- Parade begins moving at 11:30 a.m. with a start time of noon on Sheyenne Street.
- Parade ends around 1:30 p.m.
- Floats are organized at the Lodoen Center (West Fargo Public Library) in the area of Third Street E. and Second Avenue E. and return to the same location after the parade.
- The parade route will begin at the corner of Third Street E. and Second Avenue E. and will enter Sheyenne street at Second Avenue E. The route then travels Sheyenne Street to 10th Avenue E. and ends at Second Street E.
Parade registration is a fee based on number of units per entry. To ensure proper billing, an invoice for the parade registration fee will be sent to participants after receiving the completed parade registration form.
- Parade line-up is done in order of arrival in the general section.
- The parade is divided into two sections: Reserved and General.
- The reserved section contains: City Officials, elected government officials and sponsors. The previous year's Best in Theme winner’s float will be placed at the end of the reserved section.
- The General section contains all other entries.
- General section and reserved section line-up begins at 9 a.m. No one will be allowed to line up before 9 a.m.
- All parade floats must come to the Lodoen Center to check in before lining up.
- No parade entries can be left unattended at any time.
- Vehicles need to be fueled and ready to go before entering the parade line-up
- Candy and handouts are the responsibility of the parade participant and must be purchased and organized ahead of parade lineup.
- The parade will begin moving at 11:30 a.m. with a start time of noon.
- You will be contacted with additional line-up instructions.
- Entries will be given a unit number to be displayed in the right corner of each window.
- Drivers must stay with entries at all times, no exceptions.
- During the parade, please allow 20 feet between each entry
No alcohol permitted in the staging area or on parade route by entries or parade attendees.
All horses will be required to wear a diaper for the safety of those who follow. Please note, parade officials will be watching to ensure that the units with horses comply with this requirement.
We do not want children running in the street between parade units or toward parade units. This must be avoided at all costs. Thank you for your cooperation in following these rules to maintain safety.
- Each unit must have one or more walkers per side of the float to give candy to spectators. These walkers are included in the base parade registration fee.
- Candy should be thrown to the curb.
- Do not distribute items from the tailgate of a vehicle.
If entries does not comply with these requirements, or if the walker does not appear to be doing his/her part, the entry will be asked to discontinue throwing candy for the remainder of the parade and we will prohibit you from entering the parade in the future years.
Politicians & Political Entries
If you are currently in an elected office, then you will be placed in the sponsored section. You must be in the current title and not running for a newly elected office or campaigning to keep your current office. There will be no exceptions.
- No campaign signs for other offices are allowed in the sponsored section
- Your signs must only recognize the name and office of the current title holding politician
- All those running or looking to change political offices will be placed in the general section on a first come, first serve basis
- All political individuals must pay the $75 political fee.
Parade performances are limited to one along the route in front of the grand stand.
Prizes & Judging
By entering the parade you will automatically be signed up for entry in our contest for cash prizes.
- Best of Theme Award: $1,000
- Best in Show Award: $1,000
- Mayor's Choice Award: $500
- Community Pride Award: $500
Judging of entries will take place on during parade lineup around 10:30 a.m.
Winners will be presented with a poster to place on their entry before the parade and receive special recognition in front of the grand stand.
Checks for the winning entry will be issued after the Oct. 1, 2018, West Fargo City Commission meeting.