13th Ave. E. and Ninth St. E. Intersection Improvements - District No. 2243
About this Project
The project consists of reconstructing and widening the 13th Avenue East and Ninth Street East intersection to accommodate dual left turn lanes in all directions. The project will also involve the addition of a northbound through lane from 13th Avenue East to Seventh Avenue East, and upgrades to outdated/undersized utilities within project limits to minimize future disruptions.
Estimated Construction Cost
- $5.5 million
Estimated Special Assessments
- $1,000-$1,500 for residential properties with less than 2 acres
- $4,500-$6,500 per acre for commercial properties
- Special Assessment District Map
- Begin Date: August 2017
- Estimated End Date: August 2018
- Percent Complete: 55%
Road Closures: Phase 2Phase 2 Traffic Control Map
USE ALTERNATIVE ROUTES WHEN POSSIBLE.
EXPECT DELAYS AND TRAFFIC CONGESTION DURING PAVING.
- Accesses along west side of Ninth Street E. closed until Friday, June 29, for paving
- West Fargo High School parking lot west access (south of Seventh Avenue E.) closed
- 10th Avenue E. access to Ninth Street E. closed
- Road reduced to one lane of traffic in both directions on Ninth Street E. from 14th Avenue E. to Seventh Avenue E.
- Eastbound and westbound interior left-turn lanes closed
- Ninth Street E. sidewalks closed within project limits
- Temporary traffic signals installed
- To access businesses on the west side of Ninth Street E., use 13th Avenue E. to Prairie Parkway.
- To access businesses on the north side of 13th Avenue, motorists are encouraged to use 17th Street E. to access the business district's frontage road a block north of 13th Avenue.
- To access businesses on the south side of 13th Avenue, motorists are encouraged to use 17th Street E. to access 14th Avenue a block south of 13th Avenue
- Main lane concrete paving east side of Ninth Street E.
- 13th Avenue E. utilities and road
- All signal bases poured
- Ninth Street E. southbound curb and gutter south of 13th Avenue E.
- Curb and gutter installation from 13th Avenue to Seventh Avenue
- Pave Ninth Street E. from 13th Avenue to approximately 15th Avenue